June 2019 – present: Agriculture reporter for The Sun-Gazette in California’s San Joaquin Valley (as a 2019 Report for America corps member).
May 2016 – June 2019: Student researcher at Investigative Reporters and Editors (IRE).
Helped members with research, maintained IRE’s archive of investigations and tipsheets and assisted at the organization’s two annual conferences.
January 2019 – May 2019: Copy editor for the Columbia Missourian in Columbia, Mo.
Edited stories for both the website and daily print edition.
August 2018 – December 2018: Reporting intern for The Center for Responsive Politics in Washington, D.C.
May 2018 – August 2018: Watchdog intern for The Oregonian in Portland, Ore.
January 2018 – May 2018: State government reporter for the Columbia Missourian.
May 2017 – August 2017: News intern for The Morning Call in Allentown, Pa.
My coverage included the FBI indictment of the city of Allentown’s mayor and major equipment issues facing the city of Allentown’s fire department.
January 2017 – May 2017: Public life reporter for the Columbia Missourian.
May 2016 – August 2016: News Intern for Voice of OC, online investigative news agency in Orange County, Calif.
September 2016-December 2016: Wrote and photographed for the Maneater, a student-run newspaper at the University of Missouri.
During my time there, I did an independent investigation into the suspect ways the university uses unregulated supplemental fees to get around state-mandated tuition limits.
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University of Missouri School of Journalism with an emphasis in Investigative Journalism and a Spanish minor
- Attended Universidad de Navarra in Pamplona, Spain during the fall of 2017 for semester abroad
- Dean’s List at University of Missouri 2015-2019
- Pennsylvania NewsMedia Association — 2018 Keystone Press Award for Investigative Reporting; Honorable Mention
- Panelist at the CAR19, CAR17 and IRE17 conferences
- Fluent in Spanish
- AP Style
- Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Elements
- Adobe InCopy
- Adobe InDesign